Re: auto-growing data size

Dave Horsfall wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2018, Howard Chu wrote:

[ Sparse files ]

If you want to get the behavior you're looking for, you need to switch to UFS, which supports sparse files like most other POSIX filesystems.

But does that not also remove case-insensitivity,

Yes

leading to failures in Mac applications that do not bother to get the case right?

I suppose so. Nobody says you have to use UFS for everything, just use it for a data partition.

Coming from a "real" Unix background, it's quite irritating having (say) "Makefile" and "makefile" the same object... Yes, I've seen cases (!) where both are used.

Yeah, I've seen that too. Not in quite a while tho.

--
  -- Howard Chu