Re: new attribute

On 2018-03-13 12:40, Alexander Schwarz wrote:
I tried to create a new objectclass and a new attribute to develop
scripts to use against an ActiveDirectory.

You should rather use Samba 4 in AD DC mode to build up such a AD-compatible development environment.

objectlass=user

attribute=sAMAccountName
[..]
I used the ldapmodify tool:
[..]
ldap_modify: Zusätzliche Info: attribute 'sAMAccountName' not allowed

This means that none of the entry's object classes allow to use this attribute.
You have to add object class 'user'.

But again, see my note above and follow this advice. Otherwise you will ask a lot of how-to-tweak-OpenLDAP-to-behave-like-AD questions here and basically you would have to reinvent Samba4.

Ciao, Michael.