Re: contextCSN not found on consumer!

--On Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:51 AM +0000 Sam Culley <yelluc@gmail.com> wrote:

I have recently set up a provider/consumer using OpenLDAP 2.4.40,
everything appears to be working. Changes made on the provider are
replicated to the consumer but when querying the contextCSN I am only
able to retrieve results for the provider.

[root@prod-mail-ldap-master ~]# ldapsearch -z1 -LLLQY EXTERNAL -H
ldapi:/// -s base -b dc=domain,dc=cp, contextCSN

dn: dc=domain,dc=com

contextCSN: 20180222075803.816626Z#000000#000#000000

[root@prod-mail-ldap-slave-1 ~]# ldapsearch -z1 -LLLQY EXTERNAL -H
ldapi:/// -s base -b dc=domain,dc=cp, contextCSN

dn: dc=domain,dc=com

As you can see from the command outputs above when running the same
commands on both provider/consumer only the provider returns the
contextCSN.

Why is this happening, what do I need to do to retrieve the contextCSN
from the consumer?

Instantiate the syncprov overlay on the consumer. No need to configure any options, just:

overlay syncprov

in the consumer's database (Also module load it if necessary).

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>