Re: publisher migration or upgrade

Quaanh,

 I did not use -q on slapadd.

Essentially I do a slapadd  -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -b o=myco,c=us, -v -w > load_myco.log

We have three databases, so there are three slapadd above with -b o=myapps,c=us -v -w > load_apps.log and a -b o=mycust,c=us -v -w > load_cust.log

We have a very large custom schema and three databases, so we are still using slapd.conf instead of cn=config.  The schema dates back to the 1990s.

The database is "bdb" on all three schemas.

The three production subscribers are load balanced and just one publisher, which is not load balanced.  It is used by some java applications (which are also clustered) for updates.  I am hoping that we can replace subscribers over the course of several weeks since there is quite a bit involved and have them up and running in production with the publisher still on 2.4.40 and the subscribers on 2.4.44.

I am working with a VMWare person on planning how we are going to rename the servers.