Re: Using virtual IP and N-way mutlimaster mode

> Jephte Clain wrote:
>>> I would like to use the N-way mutlimaster mode and a virtual IP to
>>> manage failover for applications. The virtual IP will be configured
>>> trough keepalived.
>>
>> I have exactly this configuration and I didn't have to do anything
>> particular
>>
>> ldap is started on each node with "slapd -h ldap://"; and it works
>
> As Clément wrote he has multiple values configured for olcServerID in
> cn=config (aka serverID in slapd.conf). So he can't just use
> "slapd -h ldap://"; because the parameter value -h is used by slapd to
> determine the actual server ID to be used.
>
> Well, that's one of the reasons why I avoid to set multiple serverID
> values. And of course that means that you cannot use a replicated cn=config.

Does that mean that we can set MMR replication for data (not
cn=config) with only one value in olcServerID? In this case we don't
have the constraint to start the daemon on a dedicated LDAP URI? Would
we still be able to define all olcSyncrepl statements in the database
or do we need to set only those not concerning the current node?

Clément.