Re: country attribute

richard lucassen wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 15:30:07 +0200
> Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
>
>>> BTW: I tried to use the "c" attribute in my AUXILIARY objectclass,
>>> but slapd complains that it conflicts with the existing "c". I
>>> suppose this is because I applied different properties to it?
>>
>> Do not re-define attribute type "c".
>>
>> Simply define your own object class referencing _existing_ attribute
>> type description "c".
>
> But I have to give it a different name (e.g. "cty") though, right or
> wrong?

No. Why?

An object class description may reference any attribute type description
present in the schema (and defined in configuration _before_ the object
class).

Just add 'c' to the MAY part in your object class description.

You should declare your own attribute type description if the attribute
has another semantic.

Ciao, Michael.