Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

Frank Swasey wrote:
My take away from this lengthy discussion is the following:

1) cn=config is not ready for "make; make test; make install" level of upgrade. Until it is, it is not usable in a production environment.

Nobody is denying that more work needs to be done. Where did you ever get that impression?

2) As usual, the OpenLDAP developers are saying "my way or the highway".

This is totally ignorant and off base. Crazy suggestions like "OpenLDAP should change its license to suit my needs" are completely ludicrous. Nobody within the OpenLDAP Project has the authority to do that. There's no *my way* here, there's simply reality vs delusion.

--
  -- Howard Chu