Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

On 16.09.2017 09:04, Michael Ströder wrote:
Daniel Pluta wrote:
Call it strange, useless, insane, fine or whatever, but my customers
(also anybody who's interested in using a distinct service) should
be able to get a chance for a detailed view into the running
configuration of each service - before and while using it. slapd's
cn=config supports this, not perfectly but better than any other
service I'm aware of. For further details see our paper from
LDAPcon2011.

I very well remember your interesting talk and that you give read access to olcRootDN to prove it's not set.

It was olcRootPw: to prove that it's not present and thus there is no slapd-BOFH (aka administrative man-in-the-middle).

I very well remember the shocked/laughing faces of (parts of) the audience right after I switched to the slide containing this at first surely suicidal seeming ACL.

Forget about it. It's sufficient to keep in mind that the future lies in cn=config. ;-)