Re: Antw: Re: Removing Berkeley DB Log Files

--On Thursday, September 07, 2017 11:19 AM -0400 Douglas Duckworth <dod2014@med.cornell.edu> wrote:

We have one provider and one consumer running syncrepl.  All of our
important clients are using sssd, configured to cache everything, with
the consumer set as secondary ldap server.  I have verified that
everything works properly in sssd if the provider goes offline.

Can I flip the provider to hdb, or mdb, and keep consumer as bdb, with
syncrepl still running, then later change the consumer?

Yes. LDAP is a protocol. It doesn't care what the underlying storage DB is. So you could have a back-hdb master and a back-mdb consumer, etc.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>