Re: pwdfailuretime with multi-sync

--On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:21 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

--On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:49 PM +0800 Chris Leung
<chris@q-station.net> wrote:

Sometime, the user password is replicated without problem after switched
to REFRESH, however, sometime password can't be sync.

Error 16 means "no such attribute exists".  My guess would be you have
ACLs that block your replica from replicating userPassword.  I'd also
guess that you originally loaded the replica via a slapcat of the other
master, so some accounts have passwords, and others don't.  This is all
guesswork of course, but it would match the behavior you're seeing.

Also, I would confirm that you have identical overlay configurations between the two masters. It sounds like on has ppolicy and perhaps the other one doesn't? Also be sure and read the ppolicy manpage closely on replication behavior.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>