Re: [Q] can I replicate several branches to the same slave from one master?

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be simpler to define ACLs on the master that limit what
> the replication identity has access to that matches your filters?

emm ... I was sure I can not do that on the master side ... just I try
do that, I receive full data ...

looks like some more permittive acl works for the replica ... can I
somehow know which acl matched the replica? But I was trying to place
replABC ACLs to the end of the list and still was not able to limit data
according the filter

> I would also note that your stanza limiting what attrs are replicated
> is missing the operational attributes that are necessary for sync
> replication to function, so I would fully expect errors.

do you mean entryCSN and entryUUID ?

> unique, as documented in the man page.  Given that OpenLDAP functions
> off of CSN values, partial replication is tricky, as the master can
> then have a contextCSN that does not correspond to anything in a
> partially replicated database, depending on how you slice it.

I was sure I understood the documentation ...

--
Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus@im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)