Re: Secure replication

Real, Elizabeth (392K) wrote:
> I’m running multi-master OpenLDAP (version 2.4.40) servers and need to secure
> replication. Can you point me to where I can find that information? What I found online
> is old and does not apply to the version I’m running.

The term "secure replication" is a bit blurry.

In general I setup replication like this:
- TLS everywhere => every replica has server cert
- use the *individual* server certs as client certs for authenticating replicas
- use SASL/EXTERNAL with authz-regexp mapping to map to distinct replica entry
- use an LDAP group entry for replication ACLs
- tighten TLS protocol to 1.2
- set cipher settings to use perfect-forward secrecy (PFS)

YMMV

Ciao, Michael.