Re: chain overlay does an anonymous bind and ignores the chain binddn (v2.4.44)

--On Monday, April 24, 2017 7:38 PM -0500 Matthew Kemp <matthew.kemp@braintreepayments.com> wrote:

wrote:

Hello,

I am testing the chain overlay from a read-only slave (consumer) slapd
server to a read-write master (provider), but what I am seeing is an
anonymous bind from the consumer to the provider instead of the
authorization identity configurated in the chain directive.

We're also seeing the same behavior and reported a similar issue last
month to this list:
 http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201703/msg00047.html

I'm hopeful we can track down this issue as it's causing us some issues
that we'll need to resolve eventually.

Hi Matthew,

Can you look at follow up#4 to ITS#8008 and see if that helps your situation?

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>