Re: 100.000 pr. second: "connection_read(64): no connection" from slapd

--On Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:37 PM +0000 Ole Nomann Thomsen <ole.nomann@stil.dk> wrote:

Hi all,

my slapd (@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.44 (Feb  9 2017 13:38:13) $) has
developed a tendency to become unresponsive for 10-30 minutes at a time.

I run it with -dStats,Sync which gets me a fair amount of debugging info.
This I pipe thru multilog to get the timestamps below.

Why are you using -d? This prevents slapd from forking. It is better to set the loglevel to be stats+sync, and push out data to syslog.

2017-03-10 14:39:08.686058500 58c2ac7c slapd shutdown: waiting for
3643059 operations/tasks to finish

You need to determine why tasks are not finishing and instead are remaining unfinished. What databse backend are you using? I would note that it would appear that you have clients disconnecting w/o waiting for the server to respond (thus the no connection messages).

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>