Re: RE24 testing call (2.4.45) LMDB RE0.9 testing call (0.9.20)

Am 09.02.2017 um 21:52 schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount:
> So it is not clear to me what happens if you use both. ;)  I've certainly never tried that.  Since you are using both, did you correctly "hash" the CA certs in the directory you pointed at?

that's the point: the directory is empty!
I configured cert + intermediate but never a root. Some magic default will grab it from a default location
and that's what I tried to avoid by setting "TLSCACertificatePath    /path/to/an/empty/directory/"

just removed TLSCACertificatePath from my config but that doesn't change anything.
some more tests later I now verified:

no matter if TLSCACertificatePath is set or not
if /etc/ssl/certs/ contain correctly "hashed" the certificate representing the root
it's delivered as third certificate in the SSL handshake.

/etc/ssl/certs/ is the compiled default of my openssl:

$ openssl version -d
OPENSSLDIR: "/usr/lib/ssl"

$ ls -l /usr/lib/ssl
insgesamt 4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   14 Jan  8  2015 certs -> /etc/ssl/certs
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 29 21:44 misc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   20 Jan 27 00:40 openssl.cnf -> /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   16 Jan  8  2015 private -> /etc/ssl/private

So my guess: openldap not call an important openssl library function and so openssl use it's defaults.

Andreas