Re: RE24 testing call (2.4.45) LMDB RE0.9 testing call (0.9.20)

--On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:21 PM +0100 "A. Schulze" <sca@andreasschulze.de> wrote:

Am 30.01.2017 um 21:49 schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount:
<http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=snapshot;h=re
fs/heads/OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4;sf=tgz>

Configure & build.

* I noticed 33x "warning: unused variable"
  should I write a patch?

Patch + ITS would be best. ;)

* Very interesting to me how you modified my patch
http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi?findid=8533 ...   Thanks!

Thanks go to Howard. ;)

* This (and earlier) openldap-releases do not force server side cipher
preference.   there is a technical simple way to achieve this:

	--- a/libraries/libldap/tls_o.c
	+++ b/libraries/libldap/tls_o.c
	@@ -366,6 +366,8 @@ tlso_ctx_init( struct ldapoptions *lo, s
	                }
	        }
	 #endif
	+       /* maybe some # ifdef is needed */
	+       SSL_CTX_set_options( ctx, SSL_OP_CIPHER_SERVER_PREFERENCE );
	        return 0;
	 }

  As far as I know there is no ITS item opened. It it worth to add one?

I would suggest filing an ITS, yes.

* An other point I'm interested is compilation of libraries/liblmdb/mdb_*
tools.   While all other binaries are build using external defined CFLAGS
and LDFLAGS   "make -C libraries/liblmdb/" use other values.

  Any chance, these tools are integrated in the common build process
  maybe enabled/disabled by a ./configure option?

LMDB is standalone software, so it's generally designed to be buildable on its own. What CFLAGS/LDFLAGS do you feel would be necessary to pass through?

 * compilation against openssl-1.1.0d works without issues and at a first
startup it also work :-)    I'll report on further success...

 * but last: make test failed
   ( attached make_test_result.txt )

I'll see if I can repo the test058 failure.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>