Re: Antw: How to add index for "member" of ldap groups

Am 27.01.2017 um 08:24 schrieb Ulrich Windl:
Axel Birndt <towerlexa@gmx.de> schrieb am 26.01.2017 um 22:17 in Nachricht
<858439a0-ab4f-cea3-f5ea-9b8f3514d08b@gmx.de>:
Hi @All,

i'am currently searching for a possibility to add an index in openldap
(cn=config backend) for the "member" of groups.

In my log i got the following message:

  > 475 admin slapd: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (member) not indexed

I found, that "member" is an attribute from an ldap group.

 > # Entry 1: cn=bind_users,ou=admins,ou=groups,dc=company,dc=de
 > dn: cn=bind_users,ou=admins,ou=groups,dc=company,dc=de
 > cn: bind_users
 > member: cn=apachebind,ou=apache_technical,ou=users,dc=company,dc=de
 > member: cn=wordpressbind1,ou=wordpress_bind,ou=users,dc=company,dc=de
 > objectclass: groupOfNames
 > objectclass: top

How could i add an index for this attribute?

Maybe via LDIF:
dn: olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcDbIndex
olcDbIndex: member eq

Hi Ulrich,

thanks for your hint! I could solve it with your LDIF snippet!

--------------
dn: olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcDbIndex
olcDbIndex: member eq

------------------

It is running fine:
--------------------------
abirndt@admin:~/openldap$ sudo ldapmodify -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f olcDbIndex_member.ldif
[sudo] password for abirndt:
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
modifying entry "olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config"

--

Gruß/Kind regards

 Axel