Re: use proprietary password hash in "userpassword"

--On Monday, January 23, 2017 10:45 AM +0100 Meike Stone <meike.stone@googlemail.com> wrote:

Meike Stone wrote:

Write a openldap modul like pw-sha2 is not the first choice, because
we need to compile the openldap after each update on our own and that
prevents us to use the distribution packages.

Writing an OpenLDAP module like pw-sha2 is precisely the way to write a
small external binary to validate passwords.

There's no need to recompile all of OpenLDAP just to update a password
module.

If I use the binary openldap package from the distributor (*1), and I
like to use a own module,
I don't have to recompile the whole openldap, compiling the module is
sufficient?

(1) we think about a subscription from symas ...

Correct. Any distributor (symas included) should include a development package that allows the ability to rebuild a module without rebuilding everything.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>