Re: mdb_stat question

Frank Swasey wrote:
I have noticed that the mdb_stat (-e parameter) now shows the number of pages
used, so I can use that instead of running a du and compare it to the Max
pages value to see how "full" the data.mdb has become.

We use nagios to monitor such things... is there a frequency of running
mdb_stat that would be too frequent and could cause issues with a moderately
loaded (handling 14 million operations per day) ldap server?

It takes more CPU time to fork a process and load the mdb_stat binary than it takes to read and print the statistic.

Should I have nagios not perform the mdb_stat check more frequently than some
recommended amount of time?

Whatever, it's your CPU load.

--
  -- Howard Chu