Antw: Re: ppolicy overlay unable to set pwdAccountLockedTime on to-be-locked users due to ACLs

Nachricht <F365AC223D2A1E22A5345243@[192.168.1.30]>:
> --On Monday, January 02, 2017 2:40 PM +0100 Matthieu Cerda
> <matthieu.cerda@nbs-system.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much Quanah !
>>
>> Do you think adding a note about mandatory rootdn setting in
>> slapo-ppolicy manpage would be a worthy contribution ? (I'll gladly
>> submit a patch)
>
> Hi Matthieu,
>
> It's already currently noted in the 3rd paragraph of the man page:
>
>        Note that some of the policies do not take effect when the operation
> is
>        performed with the rootdn identity; all the operations, when
> performed
>        with  any  other identity, may be subjected to constraints, like
> access
>        control.
>

> Note the bit about "all the operations, ..."
>
> If you think of a way to reword it that you feel is a better explanation,
> that could certainly be considered. :)

I think a notice who is the modifier on ppolicy changes would be woth it; specifically if it's related to RootDN ;-)
I think I had already asked earlier about some notice on ACLs that ppolicy may or may not need to work.

Regards,
Ulrich