Replication through BDB

Hello,

I've been thinking about replication schemes lately.  I very much like
SyncRepl, especially that it can be used in master-master mode, but it
also has a downside -- it returns before a majority of replicated
servers have agreed on a change.  One might say that the change is
committed before certainty has been established.

This is different with the replication scheme that is now built into
BerkeleyDB, by Oracle; this has a scheme based on majority voting, and
with automatic resumption after downtime based on this majority.  The
BerkeleyDB will not return cheerfully from a commit until a majority has
confirmed.

AFAIK the HDB backend that was once the default for OpenLDAP has been
replaced with the plain vanilla BerkeleyDB... so it seems that the
replication scheme of the latter can be used.  Is that right / does
anyone see problems with that / ...?

Thanks,

Rick van Rein
for ARPA2.net / InternetWide.org