Re: Antw: Re: n-way multi master and mirror mode

--On Monday, December 05, 2016 9:07 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

But it seems to make much sense: In my experience if you configure
multiple LDAP servers, the NSS resolver always uses the first configured
server as long as it's reachable; even if it's not, the first configured
server is tried first. After connection timeout the second server is
tried... We had dhad a case when all LDAP operations were heavily delayed
when two out of three servers had failed (due to rebooting the machine).

That still has absolutely zero to do with MMR replication. There are useful and valid reasons for using load balancers across a replicated pool. Your reponse however indicates a lack of comprehension of what Mirror Mode entails.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>