OID syntax and NAMEs

HI!

I've declared an attribute type like this with LDAP syntax OID:

( 1.3.6.1.4.1.5427.1.389.100.4.18
  NAME 'aeApplicableSOC'
  DESC 'AE-DIR: structural object classes for which policy is applicable'
  EQUALITY objectIdentifierMatch
  SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38
  X-ORIGIN 'AE-DIR' )

Which is pretty similar to this:

( 2.5.4.0
  NAME 'objectClass'
  DESC 'RFC4512: object classes of the entity'
  EQUALITY objectIdentifierMatch
  SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38 )

Now I wonder why I can't use the object class NAMEs instead of the OIDs as
attribute or assertion values, e.g. why I can't find the entries with filter
(aeApplicableSOC=aeUser).

This reminds me a bit of the similar OID vs. NAME issue with 'pwdAttribute' in
'pwdPolicy' entries.

Eventual I'd like to have a constraint like this:

# check whether appropriate password policy is assigned
constraint_attribute structuralObjectClass,pwdPolicySubentry
  set "this/structuralObjectClass & this/pwdPolicySubentry/aeApplicableSOC"

Ciao, Michael.