Re: Re: Can't add "same" mail attribute with different cases.

--On Monday, November 21, 2016 9:50 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

--On Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:27 PM +0100 Patrick Zacharias
<LittleFighter19@web.de> wrote:

The gerrit devs (if I recall correctly) argued that this behavior is
intentional as due to the standard, mails can be case sensitive and get
to different recipients.

I would stop using a product written by developers who are so clearly
clueless.  Zero part of the internet is going to work with them if they
treat email as case specific.

(And yes, I understand technically they're correct). But in practice, virtually no one implements this way, because enforcing this simply won't work with the majority of the world. And for LDAP, it's specifically defined as case-insensitive.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>