Re: Public LDAP server, what do I need to know?

On 10/17/2016 11:43 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:29 PM -0400 John Lewis
> <oflameo2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want to host a LDAP server that contains a directory that contains the
>> offices of local Representatives and Public Servants, the issues they
>> are responsible for, and their names. I would like anyone who wants to
>> to browse it or put up front ends.
>>
>> Is there anything in particular that I should keep in mind?
>
> Keep your tree as flat as possible, as deep as necessary, is the
> guiding wisdom. ;)
>
> --Quanah
>
> --
>
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Product Architect
> Symas Corporation
> Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP:
> <http://www.symas.com>

As a follow-up, is there a current list of public LDAP servers on the
Internet I can query so I can potentially pick up more nuances? I found
http://www.emailman.com/ldap/public.html. I also found
http://www.keutel.de/directory/public_ldap_servers.html, but it was
lasted updated in 2003.