Re: How to enable memberOf overlay with posixGroup?

Ryan Tandy wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:10:30PM +0200, MegaBrutal wrote:
>> I also figured that memberOf would need groupOfNames groups, while I need
>> posixGroup type groups. I evaluated the possibility to use groupOfNames, but
>> it lacks the necessary gidNumber attribute which is a requirement for Unix
>> groups.
>
> This is the key issue.
>
> A draft schema known as "rfc2307bis" exists, which replaces (!) the published
> RFC2037 schema with one compatible with groupOfNames.
>
> A published solution to this problem does not currently exist. In the past year
> there have been some discussions on the ldapext list. You can find the archives
> of that list at:

Yet another approach: ;-)

In Æ-DIR I've declared hybrid groups derived from posixGroup (RFC 2307) and
groupOfEntries for empty groups (see [1]) to accommodate legacy components not
capable of being configured to RFC2307bis:

# This allows mixed group schema
# also "dynamic groups" based on groupOfURLs/memberURL
objectclass ( ae-dir-oc:1
  NAME 'aeGroup'
  X-ORIGIN 'AE-DIR'
  DESC 'AE-DIR: Group entry'
  STRUCTURAL
  SUP ( groupOfEntries $ posixGroup $ groupOfURLs $ aeObject )
  MUST ( description ) )

Furthermore a constraint to ensure consistency of 'member' and 'memberUID':

constraint_attribute memberUID,member
  set "this/memberUID & this/member/uid"
  restrict="ldap:///ou=ae-dir??sub";

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-findlay-ldap-groupofentries