Re: Change Defaulth ssha passoword encryption algorithm

It depends on what your operating system’s crypt(3) supports. Most Linux/Unix system should support MD5crypt, but that is no longer considered secure (per the original author, PHK).

If you want to use SHA256crypt you would use:

	olcPasswordCryptSaltFormat: $5$%.16s

If you want to use SHA512crypt, then

	olcPasswordCryptSaltFormat: $6$%.16s

The SHA2crypt family is discussed more at:

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypt_(C)#SHA2-based_scheme
	https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/sha-crypt.html

I’m not sure what the difference/s between SHA2crypt and SSHA2 is/are. Most Linux distributions use SHA512crypt to secure root’s password in the shadow(5) file if that means anything.