Re: Modification of objectClass failing: how can I get details?

Le 02/08/2016 à 15:32, Côme Chilliet a écrit :

Hello,

I’m trying to modify an LDAP node to change its objectClasses:

dn: cn=canon-c5250,ou=printers,ou=systems,dc=xxx,dc=xxx

cn: canon-c5250

labeledURI: ipp://127.0.0.1

ipHostnumber: 127.0.0.1

macAddress: 12:12:12:12:12:12

objectClass: top

objectClass: gotoPrinter

I want to remove gotoPrinter objectClass which is flagged as OBSOLETE and instead use fdPrinter, ipHost and ieee802Device.

I try with an ldif with the following content:

dn: cn=canon-c5250,ou=printers,ou=systems,dc=xxx,dc=xxx

changetype: modify

replace: objectClass

objectClass: fdPrinter

objectClass: ieee802Device

objectClass: ipHost

objectClass: top

I get:

ldapadd -D cn=admin,dc=xxx,dc=xxx -f modify.ldif -W

ldap_modify: Object class violation (65)

How can I get more information? I don’t know which violation that could be, as I am able to insert a second object with no problem which looks like what I want:

dn: cn=test-print,ou=printers,ou=systems,dc=xxx,dc=xxx

changetype: add

cn: test-print

labeledURI: ipp://127.0.0.1

ipHostnumber: 127.0.0.1

macAddress: 12:22:12:12:22:22

objectClass: fdPrinter

objectClass: ieee802Device

objectClass: ipHost

objectClass: top

Here are the classes definitions:

objectclass (1.3.6.1.4.1.10098.1.2.1.31 NAME 'gotoPrinter'

DESC 'GOto - Gonicus Terminal Concept, objectclass' SUP top STRUCTURAL

OBSOLETE

MUST ( cn )

MAY ( labeledURI $ description $ l $ gotoPrinterPPD $ macAddress $ ipHostNumber $ gotoUserPrinter $

gotoUserAdminPrinter $ gotoGroupPrinter $ gotoGroupAdminPrinter $

printerWindowsInfFile $ printerWindowsDriverDir $ printerWindowsDriverName) )

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.38414.16.2.5 NAME 'fdPrinter'

DESC 'FusionDirectory printer class'

MUST ( cn )

MAY ( labeledURI $

fdPrinterWindowsInfFile $ fdPrinterWindowsDriverDir $ fdPrinterWindowsDriverName $

fdPrinterUsers $ fdPrinterAdminUsers))

Hello,

you can't replace the default structural objectClass of an object (this objectClass is listed in structuralObjectClass operational attribute). You can do it with the relax extension if needed, else, simply remove and add the entry.

--
Clément OUDOT
Consultant en logiciels libres, Expert infrastructure et sécurité