Re: need to recover slapd password and upgrade openldap

Am Fri, 22 Jul 2016 11:27:05 -0500
schrieb Dan Hyatt <dhyatt@dsgmail.wustl.edu>:

> My admin openLDAP 2.2 password became corrupt in the last week and I
> cannot log in as admin.
> I was hoping there was an easy recovery such as lunix has  shutting
> down slapd, removing the hashed password, bringing it back up and
> resetting the blank password using slappasswd. I can't take a chance
> unless I know for sure.
[...]
Are you referring to rootDN, which is defined in
slapd.conf, or are you referring to an admin object within the
directory?
To modify rootpw see slappasswd(8)
To modify an entry run ldappasswd(1) as rootdn.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de