Re: MDB data replication issues

On 27Jun16 13:00+0000, Gurjot Kaur wrote:
> But I want to clear that I don't use slapadd while slapd is running. I
> have LDIF data which needs to be imported in the new Multimaster
> servers. That's why I used slapadd.
> When I did the import (slapadd) with the big data, it doesn't get
> replicated. To check the problems I did the import with single entry
> only.
>
> First I stop both the servers, do slapadd on Master server and then I
> start the Master server & replica server.
> After doing all this too, the data is not getting replicated.

Stopping the slapd where you run slapadd on is enough.

> I did the same things with BDB backend in openLDAP 2.4.40.  It works
> just fine.
> Can you please let me know what I've been doing wrong.

Sorry, I can't. But I may give you some hints:

  - man slapadd mentions the options -S and -w which might be of
    interest to you.

  - After slapadd, run both servers with -d -1 and read the excessive
    debug information. These always helped me a lot.

Cheers,
--
Bastian Tweddell               Juelich Supercomputing Centre
phone: +49 (2461) 61-6586          HPC in Neuroscience