Re: slapd-meta

--On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 7:23 PM +0100 Fr3ddie <fr3ddie@fr3ddie.it> wrote:

Il 18/11/2015 02:32, Quanah Gibson-Mount ha scritto:
--On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:57 PM +0200 Fr3ddie
<fr3ddie@fr3ddie.it> wrote:

Il 10/11/2015 13:06, Fr3ddie ha scritto:
Hello to the list,

Nobody has any hint?

I suggest reading the code, because the answer is actually fairly
obvious if you look at slapd-meta/config.c:

               "NAME 'olcMetaTargetConfig' "
               "MUST ( olcMetaSub $ olcDbURI ) "

Yet you aren't using the olcMetaTargetConfig objectClass in your entry.

Thank you very much for your help Quanah.
Please excuse the delay, I have not been able to access the servers
to perform other tests during this period...

I tried your suggestion and read the code, as much as I could have been
able to.

Then I modified the ldif file in order to create the meta-DB and its
sub-DBs
containing the URIs of the target servers (if I correctly understood):

     version: 1

     dn: olcDatabase={3}meta,cn=config
     objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
     objectClass: olcMetaConfig
     olcDatabase: {3}meta
     olcSuffix: dc=loc1,dc=root
     olcSuffix: dc=loc2,dc=root
     olcSuffix: dc=loc3,dc=root

I've never used meta backend, but the above doesn't look valid to me (multiple suffixes). The man page shows a single suffix, with URI directives for additional representations of the DB.

     dn: olcMetaSub={0}uri,olcDatabase={3}meta,cn=config
     objectClass: olcConfig
     objectClass: olcMetaTargetConfig
     olcMetaSub: {0}uri
     olcDbUri: "ldap://server-loc1.loc1.root/dc=loc1,dc=root";
     olcDbIdAssertBind: bindmethod=simple
binddn="cn=admin,dc=loc1,dc=root" credentials=xxxxxxxxx starttls=yes
tls_reqcert=demand

     dn: olcMetaSub={1}uri,olcDatabase={3}meta,cn=config
     objectClass: olcConfig
     objectClass: olcMetaTargetConfig
     olcMetaSub: {1}uri
     olcDbUri: "ldap://server-loc2.loc2.root/dc=loc2,dc=root";
     olcDbIdAssertBind: bindmethod=simple
binddn="cn=admin,dc=loc2,dc=root" credentials=xxxxxxxxx starttls=yes
tls_reqcert=demand

The slapd-meta test suit shows an additional parameter, mode=self, being set. That may or may not help. ;)

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc