Re: ppolicy overlay and disk space exhaution

> On Feb 22, 2016, at 21:24, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
>
> --On Monday, February 22, 2016 9:01 PM -0500 David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca> wrote:
>
>> 	http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/?findid=8185
>>
>> You will probably need to compile from source (or build an RPM yourself
>> via the spec file).
>
> "the spec file"? OpenLDAP does not provide a spec file.  However, there are good alternatives like the LTB project and Symas, as I already noted, for those who aren't able to compile from source for whatever reasons.

Unless one wants to write a spec file from scratch, I find it easier to take the existing one that was used to build the (usually older) version of a software package included in a distro, point to the newer tarball, and go from there.

You get both the newer code as well as packages that are organized around how the distribution expects them.