Re: ssf settings for SASL and TLS

On 02/19/2016 01:20 AM, Michael Ströder wrote:
Joshua Schaeffer wrote:
On 02/18/2016 03:19 AM, Dieter Klünter wrote:
ssf=x specifies the overall security, a value '1' enables security.
This setting would meet your requirements:
olcSecurity: ssf=1 sasl=56 tls=256

I updated olcSecurity

To the exact value Dieter mentioned above?

Yes, olcSecurity: ssf=1 sasl=56 tls=256

You're not using a SASL bind mech at all. So no wonder why it fails due to sasl=56.

Yes I surmised as much. But how do I tell slapd that when I do a simple auth use the tls settings and when I do an SASL auth to use sasl settings. Can you point me to the man pages that explains this.