Re: make posixGroup auxiliary in 2.4.40

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>> I'm moving from OpenLDAP 2.2.x to 2.4.40 and have wasted hours trying
>> achieve the following:
>> mailGroup (Postfix) is used as structural class, posixGroup (NIS) as
auxiliary.
>> Anyway. I can't add rfc2307bis schema, because NIS is already included.
I've tried different methods to get rid of NIS, but they're not
working.
>> Is there any way to make posixGroup auxiliary?
> Are you using static or dynamic configuration?
> If you're using static configuration you simply omit nis.schema.

I'm using dynamic configuration (Debian Jessie).

> Note that rfc2307bis.schema requires a migration from old posixGroup
entries
> because the membership attribute also changes.

They have already used rfc2307bis with static configuration and commented
NIS out. They didn't use NIS, my bad. Nevertheless NIS is "included" in
dynamic configuration. NIS and rfc2307 are mutually exclusive.

The issue eased, since I can do without the rfc2307bis attributes,
essentially posixGroup and gidNumber.

Nevertheless, is there a way to use rfc2307bis with dynamic configuration?
Should one switch to static config. in this case?

- Chris