Re: openldap on scientific linux

--On Monday, February 01, 2016 2:45 PM +0000 Mary Kao <wmcic@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am setting up Openldap on scientific linux version 6.7.

Is it better to use the install packages e.g. yum install
openldap-servers openldap-clients

or to download the openldap source, and compile on my system?

Generally, I would recommend building it yourself or using some other build that links to secure SSL packages (RHEL variants usually link to the insecure MozNSS). If building it out isn't something you're keen on doing, there is the LTB project, which links to OpenSSL, or Symas if you require support.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc