*De :* openldap-technical [openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org] de la part
de Bruno Freudensprung [bruno.freudensprung@temis.com]
*Envoyé :* jeudi 31 décembre 2015 10:02
*À :* openldap-technical@openldap.org
*Objet :* LMBD questions (stat & copy)

Hi,

I am trying to detect MDB_MAP_FULL based on mdb_stat(txn, dbi, &stat) results
and I am wondering if I am on the right track or doing things correctly.
I have a small and simple test program (http://pastebin.com/SPCYgWMC)
exhibiting the following behavior (consistent between Windows 7 64-bit and
Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit - latest version of lmdb cloned and recompiled on Linux):

  * Inserting 20990 key value pairs in a database is OK when using one
    transaction. Just before commiting the write transaction, mdb_stat(txn,
    dbi, &stat) shows that the total number of pages (253) is very close the
    the number of pages of the map (256). Indeed, adding another entry leads
    to MDB_MAP_FULL. To put it shortly, this scenario looks OK (I am assuming
    there might be 3 "internal-purpose" pages not shown by mdb_stat) and can
    be tested by setting the stat_test variable to 0 at line 20 of the test
    program.
  * Inserting same 20990 key value pairs in a database fails (MDB_MAP_FULL
    encountered at 19357) when using two consecutive write transactions. Just
    before MDB_MAP_FULL, mdb_stat(txn, dbi, &stat) shows that the total number
    of pages (232) is "quite far" from the the number of pages of the map
    (256), leading my MDB_MAP_FULL detection heuristic to fail. It means that
    only 92% of the total amount of data can be sucessfully added to the
    database. Other scenarii (with same key/value lengths though) stop at 85%
    only. This can be tested by setting the stat_test variable to 1 (line 20).

By "total number of pages" I mean ms_branch_pages + ms_leaf_pages +
ms_overflow_pages.

Do you think I am on a wrong track? (maybe mdb_stat does not show 24
"internal-purpose" pages in the second case? or I am forgetting something?).

One last remark: it seems that mdb_env_copy(db, copy_dir) is possible during a
write transaction on Windows (like stated in the documentation), but not on
Linux (the test program seems to be stopped on a mutex at line 62). This can
be tested by changing the copy_test variable to 1 at line 19. Is it expected
given my program?

Best regards,

Bruno.

--