[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: openldap 2.4.43 keeps crashing
- To: David Hawes <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: openldap 2.4.43 keeps crashing
- From: Jephte Clain <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 10:05:49 +0400
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=univ-reunion-fr.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=9zrPvjcOleHczftUJyb2WYhv4R5KGm+T/lOc9GEHUhk=; b=ffir0PPl/DEuIkqAnujaN2KC9Dl/2FGU1oZjKuk9hPN6jkXOncCZz7GCDXxoX3fJmx NR2eGXAEeqb94NvXS7aKIUAPqus8Wg7+Q5YOPBJy53piiP028Z4Wn6mMZo3Mt9pD/kiP 9WFjZTCyXtJgXU5SSQcqw4ImhfDl2RI+A7BkHPZW8mYPcSHRf0z1Tkba4kK+ZadMpFS5 YAQ1owhZOeJQnhMhOxtkYioUe4LJODjtu6dfqA3SVMP72Td2oNHFxiecdVpTz0XIrY/J 5GP5JPIHLM4CkR8Q+CQPkfDnw5Z4DMn1+K1S04pILbPt20ROT26FQsb5shmOFBgP+v/h AiHA==
- In-reply-to: <CAAgu-wCLt5Shp4eBUZhACSTtysPx7a1VLWt9UJCK19Krv9xuLQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <5680D747.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAAgu-wCLt5Shp4eBUZhACSTtysPx7a1VLWt9UJCK19Krv9xuLQ@mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Icedove/24.0
Le 29/12/2015 00:55, David Hawes a écrit :
On 28 December 2015 at 01:31, Jephte Clain <email@example.com> wrote:
I upgraded to OpenLDAP 2.4.43 three weeks ago. It runs on debian squeeze
it is built from sources with the fix from ITS#8330
Since the upgrade, it keeps crashing regularly (I would say once every 2 to
However, there isn't anything in the logs: no message, no error, no nothing
slapd no longer runs, I restart it, and it runs ok until the next crash
now I don't know how to debug that.
I could downgrade to the previous version (2.4.41) which worked fine, but as
our university is closed until 01/11, this is the perfect time to
investigate. I still don't know if it's a bug in 2.4.43 or a
misconfiguration for which previous versions was forgiving
What are your advice to track down the cause for the crash?
PS: here is a bit of context:
one master with 2 mdb databases: one accesslog, one for the data
two slaves (I mean complete replication, even cn=config)
the master has crashed only once
the slaves keep crashing regularly
the slaves are complete replicas of the master, and I wonder if it could be
a source of problems: I'll give details in another thread
Do you have accesslog purge configured?
I ran into this on an accesslog purge with 2.4.43:
If you start slapd with '-d 1', you should be able to see if it is the issue.
The fix referenced in that ITS worked for me.
thanks for the response.
no, purge is not configured, but this is a nice suggestion... without
purge, I guess the accesslog database would keep growing forever :-(
thanks again, regards,
*Jephté CLAIN | Développeur, Intégrateur d'applications*
Service Systèmes d'Information
Direction des Systèmes d'Information <http://dsi.univ-reunion.fr>
Tél: +262 262 93 86 31 <tel:+262262938631> || Gsm: +262 692 29 58 24
www.univ-reunion.fr <http://www.univ-reunion.fr> || Facebook
|| Twitter <http://twitter.com/univ_reunion>