Re: openldap 2.4.43 keeps crashing

Le 28/12/2015 19:14, Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :
--On Monday, December 28, 2015 10:31 AM +0400 Jephte Clain <jephte.clain@univ-reunion.fr> wrote:

hello all,

I upgraded to OpenLDAP 2.4.43 three weeks ago. It runs on debian squeeze
64bits lts
it is built from sources with the fix from ITS#8330

Since the upgrade, it keeps crashing regularly (I would say once every 2
to 5 days)
However, there isn't anything in the logs: no message, no error, no
nothing

slapd no longer runs, I restart it, and it runs ok until the next crash

Do you have stats logging enabled? If so, did slapd report it was being told to shut down, or did it just disappear during an operation? Is the OS killing slapd for OOM reasons? As Dieter noted, it is well advised to allow your system to create core files. You may want to read over <https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Enabling_Core_Files> and correctly enable core file generation for your system.
hello,

thanks for the response
yes, stats logging is enabled, and yes slapd just disappear during an operation I don't think slapd is killed for OOM reasons, it is running alone in the VM, with 4Go RAM (not much, but enough for us) How would I know? I just had a look at syslog, kern.log, dmesg, and daemon.log , but couldn't find anything related to OOM killing

Following Dieter's advice and the interesting article above, I enabled core dumping. I'll report if I find anything interesting

thanks again for your useful help! best regards,
Jephté CLAIN

--
*Jephté CLAIN | Développeur, Intégrateur d'applications*
Service Systèmes d'Information