Re: Server Side Searching Overlay

Am Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:10:50 -0500
schrieb Michael <mlstarling31@hotmail.com>:

> I could really use some help here if anyone can sort my questions it
> would be greatly appreciated..I'll even through in a bundt cake
> and/or canned ham since it's the holidays and all.
>
> From: mlstarling31@hotmail.com
> To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
> Subject: Server Side Searching Overlay
> Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 19:27:01 -0500
>
> So I have a request from developers to enable the sssvlv overlay.
> They would like the server to return sorted searches on I enabled the
> overlay and then to test the functionality I added the following
> "ordering" rule to the core.schema. attributetype ( 2.5.4.4 NAME
> ( 'sn' 'surname' )        DESC 'RFC2256: last (family) name(s) for
> which the entity is known by'        ORDERING
> caseIgnoreOrderingMatch        SUP name ) The following ldapsearch
> works as expected and returns the "sn" attribute in alphabetical
> order. ldapsearch -x -ZZ -D cn=root,dc=testlott,dc=lott -w password
> objectclass=person -E sss=sn sn
[...]

There is no need to modify core schema. Design the search string to
your requirements. If you read RFC2891 and ldapsearch(1) carefully, you
will realise that the attribute type can be extended by adding
an ordering rule OID, which for caseIgnoreOrderingMatch is 2.5.13.2

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de