Re: questions about memberof-refint option

Le 2015-11-21 17:32, Michael Ströder a écrit :
M. P. wrote:
Why do you want to change group membership by tweaking 'memberOf' anyway?

I want to permit a "two way" group membership management, something more flexible. First by adding members to groups objects and the other way by adding groups to users objects. I dont know if it is clear enough and if it is
doable like this. But I try.

Yes, but why do you really need that?

I'm trying but I don't know how to explain you that differently :/
It's just for the support guys. If they alter group entries that should be reflected on the user (that is the case with slapo-memberof). If they alter user entries that should be reflected on the group (the opposite of slapo-memberof).

Note that this would somewhat circumvent access control delegation on
group entries.

Sorry, I don't understand this part.

Your user and group entries could be subject to different access control.

Ok. I'm aware of this point but thanks for the reminder. ;)

Hence you should always modify the group entries directly.

Yes I can do this, but for flexibility I'm looking for a way to alter user
entries and that would be reflected on group entries. For sure it is
scriptable, I know, but maybe there is a solution more integrated and
modifications written instantaneously.

Just mentioning flexibility is not a valid requirement and more flexibility
always leads to additional complexity.

Ciao, Michael.

--

M. P.