Re: Complex multi-master topology

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 09:20:32 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Yes, this works.
>
> But in many cases the system's canonical hostname is not the service's
> hostname. This will be even more true with today's IPv6 setups.

We use the canonical hostnames for replication between the servers,
exactly because the serverID is tied to the system itself.
And we use service hostnames for queries from external LDAP clients,
because they can float between servers for failover.

	Geert

--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert@hendrickx.be :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F