Re: parent DN and deref control

On 01.10.2015. 22:45, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, October 01, 2015 10:48 PM +0200 Ivan Nejgebauer <ian@uns.ac.rs> wrote:
On 09/30/2015 09:19 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
I have a use-case where it would be handy to use the deref control to
request attributes from an entry's parent entry. But this would require
kind of a pseudo-attribute 'parentDN' (similar to 'entryDN').

Anybody aware whether such a thing is already available?

I've attached my implementation -- hope it helps. The patch is against
REL_ENG_2_4.
[...]

If you want it considered for inclusion in OpenLDAP, please file an
ITS as per <http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html>

I will, once we have an I-D with the design -- the existing patch is just
a quick hack. Off the top of my head, the I-D should address questions
like:

- Does the rootDSE have a parent (I think not, and the code behaves
  accordingly);

- What to do about alias dereferencing/DN rewriting (IMO nothing, but it
  should be noted in the design.)
--
Ivan Nejgebauer                                         +381 21 485 2025
Glavni sistem inženjer                                     ian@uns.ac.rs