cannot delete pwdFailureTime attribute

Hello,

How do I delete the ?pwdFailureTime? attribute on a slave?

I have a DN where pwdFailureTime entries are growing and it?s slowly
filling up /var/lib/ldap/. I?ve tried the following LDIF:

    dn: uid=foo,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
    changetype: modify
    delete: pwdFailureTime

But since the system is slave, it?s giving ldapmodify(1) a redirect to the
master. I've also tried the script in ITS#8185:

    http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/201507/msg00012.html

that connects to ldapi:///, and that also referral/redirects (since we
have  olcUpdateRef configured). We are not using the slapo-chain(5)
funcionality.

Is there any way to manipulate pwdFailureTime on the slaves without going
into the raw databases files? Or do we have to enable slapo-chain(5) when
using slapo-ppolicy(5) and then do things on the master?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
David