Re: "olcSizeLimit: size.prtotal=disabled" ignored?

Am Wed, 2 Sep 2015 08:38:42 +0300
schrieb Igor Shmukler <igor.shmukler@gmail.com>:

> Hello Dieter,
>
> Thank you for replying.
>
> > slapd silently ignores the control request, but sizelimit still
> > comes into effect.
>
> Given that, as well as the other relevant information...
>
> Is "olcSizieLimit: size.prtotal=disabled" not affecting the response,
> a bug in OpenLDAP 2.4.x, or did I incorrectly understand the
> documentation? If it is a bug, should it be filed?
> How would one go about disabling simple paged results [having the
> OpenLDAP server respond with critical extension unavailable or
> similar]? Is restricting access to the control with an ACL is the way
> to go?

In fact it does have influence on responses, but you have to initialise
ctriticality.

ldapsearch -LLL -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b
ou=benchmark,o=avci,c=de -E'!pr=50/noprompt' "*"
SASL/DIGEST-MD5
authentication started SASL username: xxxx
SASL SSF: 128
SASL data security layer installed.
Administrative limit exceeded (11)
Additional information: pagedResults control not allowed

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de