Re: "olcSizeLimit: size.prtotal=disabled" ignored?

Am Wed, 2 Sep 2015 08:38:42 +0300
schrieb Igor Shmukler <igor.shmukler@gmail.com>:

> Hello Dieter,
>
> Thank you for replying.
>
> > slapd silently ignores the control request, but sizelimit still
> > comes into effect.
>
> Given that, as well as the other relevant information...
>
> Is "olcSizieLimit: size.prtotal=disabled" not affecting the response,
> a bug in OpenLDAP 2.4.x, or did I incorrectly understand the
> documentation? If it is a bug, should it be filed?
> How would one go about disabling simple paged results [having the
> OpenLDAP server respond with critical extension unavailable or
> similar]? Is restricting access to the control with an ACL is the way
> to go?

I have overlooked a few mistakes of yours :-(

1. you modified the global configuration part, that is cn=config, and
   not a database part.
2. you configured a sizelimit, not a limit.

slapd.conf(5) clearly states:

GENERAL DATABASE OPTIONS
Options in this section only apply to the  configuration  file
section for  the  database  in  which  they are defined.
'limits' is specified within the general database options, size.prtotal
is defined within the 'limits' section.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung