Re: slapo-sock

Michael Ströder wrote:

>>> Looking at [1] ITS#8048 was fixed for release 2.4.41 (tagged in git) but not
>>> officially packaged in a tar.gz yet.
>>
>> CONTINUE is not properly documented:
>>
>> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi?findid=8171
>>
>> In my noop_logger back-sock listener I always return CONTINUE\n\n which works
>> the first time. But from the second time until forever the data cannot be
>> fully transmitted and Python raises exception error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe.
>>
>> Can anybody confirm what exactly should be returned in this case?
>>
>> [ ] CONTINUE
>> [ ] CONTINUE\n
>> [ ] CONTINUE\n\n
>
> I have some doubts that ITS#8048 was properly fixed. When restarting slapd the
> first couple of returned CONTINUE\n\n simply work. But after ~ 4-6 responses
> it seems slapd closes the socket too early.

Everything seems to work ok for:

sockops bind unbind search compare modify modrdn add delete

But I have the issues with:

sockresps result search

Any difference regarding results to be returned to sockops and sockresps?
Maybe I'm overlooking something in slapd-sock(5) but I cannot find a
description what to the external listener should return in case of RESULT and
ENTRY.

Ciao, Michael.