OLC permissions - general beginner question

Title: OLC permissions - general beginner question

Dear Users,

for research purposes i have installed a RHEL6 system to test the new OLC feature.

I only have the cn=config DIT available.

The ACLS are:

# ldapsearch -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b 'cn=config' '(olcAccess=*)' olcAccess

SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started

SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth

SASL SSF: 0

# extended LDIF

#

# LDAPv3

# base <cn=config> with scope subtree

# filter: (olcAccess=*)

# requesting: olcAccess

#

# {0}config, config

dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config

olcAccess: {0}to *  by dn.base="gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" manage  by * none

# {1}monitor, config

dn: olcDatabase={1}monitor,cn=config

olcAccess: {0}to *  by dn.base="gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" read  by dn.base="cn=manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com" read  by * none

so it looks like only UID=0 (root) should be able to interoperate with the directory. However all local users can connect but do not have access to cn=config (this is expected).

[user@host ~]$  ldapsearch -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b 'cn=config'

SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started

SASL username: gidNumber=501+uidNumber=501,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth

SASL SSF: 0

# extended LDIF

#

# LDAPv3

# base <cn=config> with scope subtree

# filter: (objectclass=*)

# requesting: ALL

#

# search result

search: 2

result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

So why am i even able to logon and state a query?

Regards,