RE: About RDN values starting with #

Hello Mr Chu,

[ I am resending this e-mail, because I forgot to use "ReplyToAll" in my first sending, so the e-mail was not sent to openldap-technical)]

Thanks for explanation.
I have just the last question.
As RFC4514 says:

"
 If the AttributeType is of the dotted-decimal form, the AttributeValue  is represented by an number sign ('#' U+0023) character followed by  the hexadecimal encoding of each of the octets of the BER encoding of  the X.500 AttributeValue "
"
It suggest that the legal form of RDN with BER encoding is:

	<attribute type OID>=#<BER encoded value in form of hexstring>

However, according to the syntax the form:

	<attribute type NAME>=#<BER encoded value in form of hexstring>

is also correct.

Should we also consider  the form:

	<attribute type NAME>=#<BER encoded value in form of hexstring>

as legal?

Sorry for asking for such a detail, but we want to avoid any misunderstanding in the patch preparation.

Regards,

Lech POFELSKI