Re: Significance of name forms.

Howard Chu wrote:
There can only be one DIT Structure Rule for an entry, and a DIT
Structure Rule can only reference one nameForm. For any given entry, only one
nameForm may be in effect.

I've forgotten that the DIT structure rule can only reference a single name form (although I've implemented it that way).

Hmm...still don't get it...reviewing my code...

Are you saying that different DIT structure rules each referencing another name form which reference the same structural object class cannot have the same SUP id? SUP is also multi-valued.

Would this be possible?

sr2 --SUP--> sr1
sr3 --SUP--> sr1

sr1 --FORM--> nf1
sr2 --FORM--> nf2
sr3 --FORM--> nf3

nf1 --OC--> oc1
nf2 --OC--> oc23
nf3 --OC--> oc23

(with nf2 and nf3 having different RDN attrs sets)

The examples in X.521(1993) are pretty simple. But I remember having seen more flexible declarations when doing interop testing with some X.500 servers.

Ciao, Michael.