Re: top object class contains all possible attributes?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 07:21 AM, dE wrote:
>  From https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4512
>
>     it
>         can be said that an object class inherits the sets of *allowed*
>         and
>         required attributes from its superclasses
>
> Therefore the top object class contains all possible attributes? OR

no

> A subclasses cannot contain any attribute which is not included in it's
> superclass?

no

A subclass contains definitions for
all the MAY attributes that the superclass contains as MAY attributes,
and
all the MUST attributest that the superclass contains as MUST
attributes.

therefore, an entry including our inheriting subclass:
MUST contain all the MUST attributes included in the superclass(es)
MUST contain all the MUST attributes included in our subclass
MAY contain all the MAY attributes included in the superclass(es)
MAY contain all the MAY attributes included in our subclass

as an example:

given this objectClasses 'tree':
objectClasses: ( 0.0.0.0 NAME 'myparent' MUST cn MAY uid )
objectClasses: ( 0.0.0.1 NAME 'mysub' SUP myparent MUST mail MAY mobile
)

an entry containing the sub objectClass mysub
MUST contain: cn (inherited from myparent), mail
MAY contain: uid (inherited from myparent), mobile

hope this helps

bye,
dario